Sunday, March 27, 2011

Graceling - Kristin Cashore



"Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight- she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug. When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change. She never expects to become Po's friend. She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away..."
Graceling was nothing short of fantastic. I enjoyed it all the way. It was really easy to lose myself the story and start caring for the characters. Cashore was really good with throwing surprise stuff at you too. You might think you have an idea of what's going to happen but more often then not I found myself pleasantly surprised. There were some times when Cashore would break quotes up in a different way then maybe I would, but it's nothing I took too much notice of. Everyone has a different style of writing after all. Gracling is a thriller. It's definitely a book that I suggest you pick up. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it's companion, Fire. You can find out more about Kristin Cashore and her work at her blog.

2 comments:

  1. This book was very interesting to read. The plot was not too deep, but entertaining, nonetheless. Though at times, it seemed as if Kristin Cashore was forcing the characters and the plot along with the tip of her pen, and Katsa seemed fake at moments. Coupled with this and the way Kristin Cashore presents Katsa's view of marriage as a bit skewed, Katsa is still a strong female character who, for the most part, urges the reader to keep turning the page. Bitterblue is an impressive character who binds the story together, and Po is a delight. Overall, Kristin Cashore has created a spellbinding book that the reader won't be able to put down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though it has been about a year since I've read this I think that I can agree with you. Lol.

      Delete