Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of the Year Writer Round Up

Another year has come to an end already. Man, seems pretty fast looking back on it, doesn't it? What all happened in the writer world this year. Let's see.

The Harry Potter movies officially came to an end. That breaks my heart. Lol. I went to a midnight premier of it and had a blast. Another book/movie was The Help which was also really good.

The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon series) has finally come to an end. I'm still reading it and just got to a good part. Seems like we spent a long time waiting for the this last book but I'm sure it's worth it.

I went to NaNoWriMo's Night of Writing Dangerously which was FANTASTIC. I have big plans for fundraising next year. It's going to be a ton of fun so be looking out for that. I've also finished

In blog related stuff, we just finished a year's worth of Poetry Slams! Awesome. Scribbles and Shorts had it's first birthday and it's first give-away.



Let's see how I did on last year resolutions.

Write more shorts- Hmmm, well, if you count the little things I did for writer's group then maybe? I might be stretching it a little thought.

Finish editing/write a query letter for NaNo 09 novel- Ok, editing yes, query letter no. I'm no where near ready for a query yet. Lol. I'm working on it though.

Do a little poetry- Yes!

So I think I did pretty good. Here's to doing better in the new year!


Overall, writer wise and personally, I'd say that this was a pretty good year. How was yours?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment