Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Another year ended yesterday and another started today. I think it's fair to say that 2011 was a good year. As I summed up in yesterday's post a lot of good things happened. What do we have to look forward to this year?

The Hunger Games movie - I'm so excited for this. I loved the books so I hope the movie does it justice.

Twilight concludes!- Some may be sad about it and some may be happy. I myself am neutral. I like the movies and I'm definitely going to a midnight showing but definitely not holding the same kind of spot on my list that Harry Potter did. Still nursing that wound... *sigh... sniff* Lol.

Something exciting on the blog?- I have big plans for something really cool I want to try out late in the year. I don't really want to elaborate for fear of finding out that I bit off more than I can chew, but I did mention it so it will hopefully get me hyped up to just go for it. I will say that it's NaNoWriMo fundraising related.


Now on to resolutions. I think I kept my resolutions pretty good last year for the most part. Here are some writer things I want to do this year.

Revise NaNo 09 novel then let someone read it- I wanted to write a query letter for it last year but after reading it to my writer's group over the course of a couple of months I found (or they found. Lol.) that I had major plot holes to fill. It's nowhere ready for that stage yet.

Finish NaNo '11 novel and the zombie story- Finally got the plot all figured out for the NaNo '11. Now I just have to get it on to paper. Still have a little more work to do on the Zombie one.

Set one predetermined day a week to spend a couple hours working on something writing related- I'm horrible at my time management. If it's not 'scheduled' then it's something that I can let slide. I know, shame on me. I'm not saying that I will only write on that day. If I feel like writing then go me, I'll write. But I will definitely be writing at that time on that day on something. Be it blog, edits, or novels it will be written!


Hmm, I'm sure I'll add to that list at some point. Lol. How about you? Anything in particular you want to do this year? I guess I should add taking down Christmas decorations to the list at this point... ummm.... *glances at tree* Later though. Lol.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Set one predetermined day a week to spend a couple hours working on something writing related.

    That's a great resolution. I had been doing pretty well setting aside at least two hours Wednesday and Saturday mornings to write, but I've let that go by the wayside since about the beginning of December. I'm going to take a page from your book and recommit to that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I need to keep myself on a schedule or it seems I won't do it. I'll admit that the most I've been writing has been during NaNo. As soon as that's over it's like I clock out. Lol. This will change!

    ReplyDelete