Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Scorch Trials - James Dashner

The Scorch Trials is the second book in the series following The Maze Runner. I'm going to try my best to avoid anything that might be a spoiler. After escaping one nightmare that they were forced to fight through, Thomas and his friends have come to a resting point only to find that WICKED, the group that's to blame for their troubles, wasn't done with them yet. It starts right where the last one left off. If you remember, back when I made a list of books that I couldn't wait for, this was one of those along waited books I sought after. I have to tell you, it was well worth the wait.

From the very beginning I was hooked. Every chapter just pulled me in and I could hardly find a place to stop that wouldn't have me wondering "what's going to happen?!" until I can pick it back up again. Once you get to the middle it levels out a bit but nearing the end of it he builds it up again till you finally think you have it figured out.

It's like a roller coaster ride the whole way. I highly suggest you pick up The Scorch Trials after checking out The Maze Runner if you haven't already. Check out James Dashner's blog for more details on all his books. I will see you guys on the next post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment