Saturday, January 28, 2012

I'm Gonna be a Chaser

I got an email from my school’s English club recently with the minutes from their last meeting. I wasn’t really paying attention to it, just scanning it, when a certain word caught my eye.

QUIDDITCH

The nerd in me instantly made this face. :D

Apparently there was talk of starting a Quidditch game or something at the school. So help me if I don’t go get my broom right now. But then, of course, my sarcastic side said, “What’s next? Vampire Baseball?” My Arguer fielded that one. (Wow, I have a lot of people in my head. It’s a good thing I’m a writer.) Vampire baseball would probably be pretty boring. All you do is hit the ball really hard and run really far to go get it. I don’t know about anyone else but wasn’t that the worst part of any game with a ball as a kid? Someone would hit the ball super far and get it lost over a fence or something and then there would be an awkward 5 minute pause of the game while someone runs to get it and bring it back.

Sigh, grade school problems. But I digress.

My point was that I’ve heard of different schools having a ‘Quidditch team’ but that’s the only fictional sport that I’ve heard of being played out in real life. In fact, that’s the only fictional sport I can think of along with Vampire Baseball. Hunger Games? Please no.

Am I missing something? Did I skip over any sports you can think of? And if you had a Quidditch team what would you name yourselves? What position would you play?

No comments:

Post a Comment