Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Naming - Alison Croggon

In the classic spirit of epic fantasy comes this glittering saga of a young girl who learns she possesses an uncanny gift—and is destined to use it to save her world from a terrifying evil.
-http://www.alisoncroggon.com

First of all, I want to say that I like this book. If I didn't like it I wouldn't have finished it. With that being said, I almost didn't.

The Naming is a good 400 pages long and it seemed that I hesitated reading some parts of it. The two main characters, Maerad and Cadvan, spend a lot of time traveling. I don't want to say it's boring, but really all that happens in those parts is a description of the area and the weather then something exciting then back to travel and they get where they're going. Now I haven't read the other three books in the series so I'm in no place to say what I think was necessary to put in there or not so I won't go that far.

I will, however, be reading them because it's an excellent plot. I'm stuck wondering what's going to happen next. I want to know what's going to happen to the characters and what kind of trouble they're going to run in to and that's really important for a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment