Friday, January 28, 2011

The Replacement - Brenna Yovanoff

"Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, Mackie comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement—left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is slowly dying in the human world.
Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with an oddly intriguing girl named Tate. But when Tate’s baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs."


-http://www.brennayovanoff.com/


This is the book I was talking about in my last post. I decided to check it out and I'm glad that I did. It was a great, edge of your seat, kind of fantasy. I didn't really know what was going to happen until it was happening and I liked that.

There were parts that seemed kind of confusing, like the characters were going along with it too easy. I don't know exactly how to explain it but I guess I didn't really connect with them the way I thought I might have. I can't say that there was a character that I liked more than another.

It was very descriptive so it was easy to visualize what was going on. Some strong language was used here and there so you can use your own discretion on that. Overall, I'd say this is a book worth picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment